TAC5 Mobile Tactical Computers
The TAC5 is the most technologically advanced to-date, starting with the 6th Gen Intel i5-6300U processor, up to 3GHz (or optional i7-6600U), combined with 4GB DDR4 RAM (optional to 32GB), 128GB SSD (optional to 512GB), and a projected capacitive touch screen on a 1300nit 12.1” or 15” LED display. Other standard features include (4) USB2.0, (3) USB3.0, (2) Gigabit Ethernet, Mic in and audio out, and HDMI out.
There are now more connectivity options, including 4G LTE internal modem, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and the OEM’s versatile Universal Dash Mounting System. The result is a powerful, purpose-built computing and connectivity machine that will provide extremely fast exchange of information and communication.
Everything is within reach, everything connected, everyone online.
The TAC5 user interface is all right up front. The power button, display brightness controls, and the volume control for the internal stereo speakers are all located below the display. With its welded aluminum enclosure and safety glass projected capacitive touch screen, the TAC5 is able to withstand the extremely rugged environment of public safety vehicles.
The TAC5 also provides exceptional standard connectivity, including 4 USB2 ports, 3 USB3 ports, 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, an HDMI port for a separate monitor, Mic in and Audio out, and optional 4G LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS.
This TAC5 is even more versatile when mounted to OEM Micro's universal dash mount, which can be attached to virtually any center radio console. The universal dash mount allows the monitor to pivot back and forth as well as tilt up and down for optimal user visibility and access. The keyboard is on its own articulating arm, which allows it to tilt and rotate, and pivot out of the way for use of the console components. The CPU/Display can swing toward the passenger side to allow easy access to the radio, HVAC controls, or any other dash controls. Superior usability, convenience and safety are all advantages of the OEM Micro Universal Dash Mount.
The TAC5 is a powerful, purpose-built computing and connectivity machine that will provide extremely fast information and communication exchange. The TAC5 will provide years of extremely reliable service, backed up by OEM Micro’s industry leading Customer Service.
Performance, power, connectivity, and superior Customer Service are all features that set the TAC5 way out in front of the competition. Contact OEM Micro today to schedule a prompt, eye-opening, no-obligation demonstration of the new, impressive TAC5 Mobile Tactical Computer.
Enhanced CPU Module
- Intel i5 - 6300U Skylake ULT, 6th Generation, Up to 3.0 GHz, Dual - Core, 3MB SmartCache. Fea- tures 14nm technology, 64 - bit support, Hyper - Threading, Virtualization Technology, integrat- ed Intel HD Graphics, or choose Optional Intel i7 - 6600U processor.
- Heatsink technology assures optimal CPU and Chipset cooling directly to outside
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM standard, upgradeable to as much 32 GB
- 128 GB SSD Drive, upgradeable to 512GB
- Includes Windows10 (32bit or 64bit), or optional Windows 7
- CPU Module integrated to back of LCD module for an extremely compact system
- 10.6Ah Internal Lithium - Ion Battery, up to 5 hours of operation if no vehicle power
High Resolution LCD Monitor
- LCD 1024 X 768 Resolution (XGA)
- 12.1” or 15.0” w/ LED backlight @ 1300nits, 1:700 Contrast
- LCD Brightness is adjustable full bright to off
- Projected Capacitive Touchscreen is now standard
- (4) USB 2.0 external ports (High Retention); (3) USB 3.0 external ports
- (2) 10/100/1000 Base T Ethernet
- (1) HDMI Port for remote monitor
- (1) Audio input, (1) Stereo L/R Audio Line out
- Integrated Stereo Amplifier for internal two - speaker HD audio, with improved audio quality and higher volume capacity
- Internal 802.11ac Wi - Fi, Intel 7820, 2x2 Antenna, 867 Mbps Max Speed, 802.11ac Wi - Fi Certified, with Bluetooth 4.2 +EDR transceiver, 128bit encryption
- 4G LTE Cellular Modem, Verizon or AT&T
- Internal GPS SIRFIV, with external antenna
- OEM Micro Universal Dash Mount, with Tilt/Pivot and Adjustable Keyboard support arm
- Larger front panel pushbuttons, with tactile response, for Power, LCD brightness, Volume Control, and status indicating LEDs (SSD activity and battery charging) on front panel
- LCD display dimmable from full bright to off; switch backlight on/off at any brightness level
- Auto “ON” with IGN on; user adj. time delay to soft shutdown (10sec to 2hrs) with IGN off
- OEM Micro “LaunchPadz” TM software is included, provides user programmable touch - screen soft - keys to run programs, search databases, hot - key features, etc.
Keyboard / Touchpad
- Full - travel water - resistant 88 - key keyboard, integrated touchpad, USB interface, adjustable brightness backlit keys
- Easily removable for lap use, featuring spring loaded latching mechanism
Environment, Construction, Mounting
- - 20 o C to +65 o C Operating Temperature · - 30 o C to +70 o C Storage Temperature
Physical (CPU/LCD Module):
- TAC5 - 12: 9.63”H x 11.50”W x 1.50”D, 5.0 lbs.
- TAC5 - 15: 11.33”H x 13.5”W x 1.75”D, 7.0 lbs.
- Keyboard Tray, Keyboard & Hinges: 1.9”H x 11.8”W x 8.8”D, 5.9 lbs.
- One - Piece Assembly provides very easy installation and removal
- Smaller, thinner, rugged, welded Aluminum enclosure for LCD and CPU, powder - coated finish
- Removable rear panels allows access to Main Battery, CMOS Battery, Cellular SIM Card, if in- stalled, and SSD
- Adjustable Keyboard Tray is now standard, and allows keyboard to tilt and move closer to driver, and provides extremely sturdy mounting base, powder - coated
- Easily mount or remove the TAC5 from vehicle in as little as one minute
- Optional Universal Dash Mount, or others
Warranty, Tech Support
- Three - year Standard Warranty, with Optional Extended Warranty for years 4 & 5, Covers failures under normal use
- Optional Limited No Fault Coverage, only available for years covered by Standard or Extended Warranty. See specification for this coverage.
- Complete Installation available
- No Charge software duplication from Customer supplied master drive (prior to initial shipment only)
- Designed, assembled, tested, shipped and serviced from our facility in Farmington Hills, MI
- Most warranty repairs are shipped within 24 hours of receipt at our facility
- Knowledgeable Tech Support Staff readily available (248) 474 - 7600 X239